Thank you for your interest in an internship with Sevananda Natural Foods Cooperative. Please download the application from the following link. You may either scan the completed application or return to: SEVInterns@sevananda.coop with subject line formatted as follows: Last Name, First Name: Summer Intern Application. Or, you may hand deliver your application to Sevananda Natural Foods Market’s Customer Service Desk at 467 Moreland Avenue, NE | Atlanta, GA 30307
Please Download Application Here: INTERN APPLICATION
Sevananda Cooperative Communications Coordinator Intern – Summer 2018
This internship will assist with various communications, public relations projects under the direct management of the senior management team. The intern will support the continuous flow of information needed to keep key stakeholders (Owners, Shoppers, and the general public) informed of Sevananda’s programs, classes, community initiatives and needs. Provide general support for various Sevananda events, presentations and projects.
- Research and write content for various social media platforms
- Update and organize press contact list for upcoming events
- Research and write content for various marketing materials
- Help to organize information and support project management for upcoming events
- Provide onsite marketing support for summer events
- Completed or working towards a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Communications or Public Relations).
- Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Firm grasp of social media trends and ability to create social media content.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects.
- Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, copying, responding to emails, etc.
- Ability to project a professional and positive image of Sevananda Cooperative
Sevananda Cooperative Food Service Coordinator Intern – Summer 2018
The Deli/Kitchen internship is suitable for individuals currently enrolled in a culinary arts and/or those with knowledge of food service and preparation. This may also be a suitable opportunity for graduates or experienced restaurant professionals. We offer a hands-on internship in a busy production kitchen. It is not an entry-level internship; we are looking for seasoned and well-trained interns who have strong familiarity with professional cooking/baking basics, methods and techniques; they should possess strong knife skills, have a familiarity with kitchen operations and strong overall food and equipment knowledge. The Sevananda kitchen intern will be responsible for production within a vegan/vegetarian kitchen and work daily with experienced cooks, and assistants to prepare wraps, soups, entrees and vegan baked items. This is an unpaid position and rewarding opportunity to work in a vegan / vegetarian kitchen of a special organization. You will gain hands-on experience and make a positive contribution to a fascinating organization.
- Assist in prepping ingredients
- Follow recipes to prepare vegan / vegetarian dishes
- Be able to ingredient taste tests
- Train quickly and effectively on our kitchen policies and procedures
- Assist our Kitchen Assistants and Cooks in food preparation
- Learn to serve and navigate the hot bar
- Help clean and organize kitchen
- Help maintain and calibrate equipment
- Prep/cooking for in house catering or community events
- Willingness to learn and share culinary arts experience
- Be analytical, accurate, flexible, efficient, and punctual
- Have the ability to follow directions, work independently and within a team and maintain a creative mindset
- Have strong communication skills
- Must understand the expectation of the internship and be committed to the duration and agreed upon hours
- 2+ years hands-on culinary experience highly desirable
Sevananda Cooperative Volunteer Coordinator Summer 2018 Intern
This position will work with the Outreach Services, which engages the community in wellness-based events through service learning and leadership development. The position will report primarily to the Community Relations/Education Liaison, and secondarily to the Members Services and Marketing Manager in the event of absence. All duties will surround the planning and execution of Wellness Community events, and will have heavy administrative responsibilities to the program.
- Preparation for large-scale events like the Cooperative Owner Annual Meeting
- Creating collateral materials for events
- Interacting with Community at large
- Administrative Outreach
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Familiar with social media platforms
- Saturdays (around 2/month) and evenings (1/month) will be required
- Some manual labor required (for project set-up)
Sevananda Cooperative Social Media Coordinator Intern – Summer 2018
This internship will assist with various social media projects under the direct management of the Marketing/Member Services Manager and Assistant. The intern will support the continuous flow of all Social Media entities…
- Provide social media community management and social listening
- Draft social media posts to promote upcoming events and initiatives
- Attend volunteer events to provide social media coverage when applicable, including Spring and Summer Wellness Outreach
- Draft blog posts, email copy and other communications as assigned
- Assist in the filming of Share Your Why videos
- Assist in the creation of visual content for social media channels
- Assist in monitoring social media analytics and creating reports
- Journalism, PR, Communications or English majors preferred
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Proficient with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with AP Style preferred
- Photo/video/graphic design skills a plus
- Self-starter ready to take initiative on social media projects