CONNECT YOUR SPIRIT OF COOPERATION WITH OUR JOYFUL SERVICE
Over forty years ago, Sevananda Community-Owned Natural Foods Market began as a small group of dedicated enthusiasts searching for a way to buy whole and organic foods. Today, Sevananda is one of the largest natural foods cooperatives in the southeastern United States.
One of the goals of Sevananda is to provide an enriching work experience to each member of our team. This goal allows us to focus on building a dynamic team structure, and provides us the resources we need to empower the community to improve its health and well-being. The community has high expectations of Sevananda, and we have high expectations of every person who chooses to work here. Sevananda staff members receive competitive wages and benefits including a staff discount.
Part-Time & Full-Time Grocery Clerks
Assists with ordering, receiving, stocking and display of grocery product, maintains department cleanliness, and provides customer service.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure.
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet co-op needs.
Part-Time & Full-Time
Cashier / Customer Service Reps
MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILTY!
(Days, Nights & Weekends)
Position Overview: To be considered the candidate must have prior POS cash register experience and be able to deliver superior customer service; and have fast and accurate cash handling skills and the ability to be a cooperative team player in our bustling Front End while accurately and efficiently operating POS system. Should be organized, detail oriented and able to handle multiple demands.
Position Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Must be friendly, outgoing and greet customers.
- Must be able to offer fast, courteous, friendly, helpful service.
- Must check out customer purchases quickly and accurately, using correct prices, departments and codes.
- Receive payment in full for purchases, carefully giving change and receipts.
- Bag groceries and assist customers.
- Excellent communication skills to answer questions on member policies and refer customers with membership applications and stock purchase costs to Customer Service for assistance.
- Cash handling experience a must.
- Must balance cash drawers at end of shift.
- Must be initiative oriented to stock, face, clean and organize when there are no customers to be checked out.
Must be flexible and available
Days, Nights & Weekend
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
- Ability solve problems, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with
- minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required
- including nights/weekends
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans by hand.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
Please download and complete application and skills sheet.
Feel free to send your application to Human Resources Manager at