CONNECT YOUR SPIRIT OF COOPERATION WITH OUR JOYFUL SERVICE
Over Thirty-seven years ago, Sevananda Community-Owned Natural Foods Market began as a small group of dedicated enthusiasts searching for a way to buy whole and organic foods. Today, Sevananda is one of the largest natural foods cooperatives in the southeastern United States.
One of the goals of Sevananda is to provide an enriching work experience to each member of our team. This goal allows us to focus on building a dynamic team structure, and provides us the resources we need to empower the community to improve its health and well-being. The community has high expectations of Sevananda, and we have high expectations of every person who chooses to work here. Sevananda staff members receive competitive wages and benefits including a staff discount.
Now Hiring! (Full Time) Member Services and Marketing Assistant Flexible Hours/Nights & Weekends
Sevananda Mission and Vision
Sevananda is a consumer cooperative created to empower the community to improve its health and well-being. In all activities, Sevananda will not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national origin, creed, political persuasion, disability or veteran status.
Sevananda Natural Foods Market is seeking a Full-Time Member Services & Marketing Assistant. This individual will serve in a support position to the Member Service and Marketing Team. Individual must have at least a one-year minimum marketing experience.
The responsibilities of the Member Services & Marketing Assistant include becoming familiar with Sevananda’s Member Services Program and Policies, and helping to manage the member database which includes but is not limited to processing membership applications and communication of benefits to members. This position also serves as a member of the Marketing team and aids and assists with all aspects of marketing and outreach to members.
Ø Position Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• At least a one-year minimum marketing experience.
• Good communication skills
• Professional appearance, dress, and attitude
• Ability to use Microsoft Office related applications and other business equipment
• Provide support for Member Services & Marketing Outreach activities
• Maintains and projects the Co-op’s professional reputation
• Maintains privacy of member information
Ø Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
Now Hiring! (Full Time) Kitchen Assistant Flexible Hours/Nights & Weekends
To assist in production kitchen of Sevananda with food prep, packing, and all duties associated with the Sevananda Hot Bar while helping the Kitchen/Deli Team meet objectives for sales, margin, customer service and environmental responsibility in accordance with the Sevananda Kitchen/Deli standards.
Position Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• Background in culinary with a strong work ethic
• Baking experience a plus
• Good references including prior supervisors
• Must have knife skills, with an ability to cook from recipes and adjust recipes as needed
• Enough math skills to re-scale recipes
• Food preparation with instruction and from recipe
• Willingness to do provide outstanding customer service
• Knowledge of natural and vegetarian foods a plus
Now Hiring! (Part Time) Dishwasher Flexible Hours/Nights & Weekends
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with
minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
• Read and write (English)
• Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
• Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
• Visually inspect all work areas, food service
• Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
• Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
• Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
• Lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 50 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly
Now Hiring! (Part Time) Evening Baker Flexible Hours/Nights & Weekends
The responsibilities of the Evening Baker will be to work in the Deli/Kitchen Department, preparing, baking, packaging, pricing, and merchandising cakes, pies, rolls, muffins, breads and other baked goods. This person will also inform customers about our bakery products and services.
Position Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• Weighing and preparing ingredients
• “Scratch bakery” (making bread from scratch with raw ingredients), using the four-stage process of mixing, proofing, baking and cooling
• Control the baking process and to set quantities, ingredients, oven temperatures, and cooling times.
• Wrapping, slicing, packaging cake and bread products
• Flexible hours which may include weekends
Employment with Sevananda Natural Foods is voluntarily entered into, Georgia law provides that employment for an indefinite duration is at-will, and may be terminated by either party without cause.