CONNECT YOUR SPIRIT OF COOPERATION WITH OUR JOYFUL SERVICE
Over Thirty-seven years ago, Sevananda Community-Owned Natural Foods Market began as a small group of dedicated enthusiasts searching for a way to buy whole and organic foods. Today, Sevananda is one of the largest natural foods cooperatives in the southeastern United States.
One of the goals of Sevananda is to provide an enriching work experience to each member of our team. This goal allows us to focus on building a dynamic team structure, and provides us the resources we need to empower the community to improve its health and well-being. The community has high expectations of Sevananda, and we have high expectations of every person who chooses to work here. Sevananda staff members receive competitive wages and benefits including a staff discount.
Now Hiring! Wellness Clerk
Thursday ~ Sunday
Post: September 1, 2015
Apply by: September 21, 2015
Sevananda Natural Foods Market is seeking a Wellness Clerk to work in the Wellness Department. Interested applicants are encouraged to obtain an application at the Sevananda Customer Service Desk and return to: ATTENTION WELLNESS MANAGER.
Wellness Clerk will assist with customer inquiries and locating products within the Wellness Department. This is a hands-on position that requires a willingness to learn trends in the Supplement and HABA industry. Person in this position will also be responsible for stocking shelves, dusting, answering the phones and providing product information.
• Background in natural foods industry is helpful
• Good references including prior supervisors
• Must have sales experience
• Ability to lift 15lbs plus
• Willingness to do provide outstanding customer service
• Knowledge of natural and vegetarian foods a plus
Now Hiring! Grocery Clerk
Part-time Hours Flexible Hours/Weekends
Posted: September 1, 2015
Apply by: September 21, 2015
Assists with ordering, receiving, stocking and display of grocery product, maintains department cleanliness, and provides customer service.
• Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy
• Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure
• Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards
• Assists in other departments as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet co-op needs
Now Hiring! Cashier/Customer Service
Apply by: 9/17/15
Sevananda Natural Foods Market is seeking a Cashier/Customer Service representative to join the Front End team. Candidate must be willing and able to work mornings and evening shifts, weekdays and weekends between 8am-10:30pm. Interested candidates are encouraged to obtain an application at the Sevananda Customer Service Desk and return to: ATTENTION FRONT END MANAGER.
Sevananda Mission and Vision
Sevananda is a consumer cooperative created to empower the community to improve its health and well-being. In all activities, Sevananda will not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national origin, creed, political persuasion, disability or veteran status.
To be considered the candidate must have prior POS cash register experience and be able to deliver superior customer service; and have fast and accurate cash handling skills and the ability to be a cooperative team player.
Position Qualifications and Responsibilities:
• Provide outstanding customer service.
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debits.
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change; and at end of shift balance till.
• Greet customers entering establishments.
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
• Establish or identify prices of goods and services and tabulate bills without a calculator; and operate POS cash register.
Employment with Sevananda Natural Foods is voluntarily entered into, Georgia law provides that employment for an indefinite duration is at-will, and may be terminated by either party without cause.
Please download and complete application/skills sheet.
Sevananda Appplication 2013